AIOU SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 02 CODE 1423 SPRING 2015
Q 01: Ans:–
Certainty: I am sure that government will overcome load shading.
Uncertainty: I’d be surprised if issue of load shedding is solved.
Certainty: Food prices will be definitely controlled.
Uncertainty: I doubt that food prices are addressed.
Certainty: Population growth has been controlled by government.
Uncertainty: A lot of work is to be done to control the population growth.
Certainty: This year law and other situation remain better.
Uncertainty: I don’t suppose in betterment in law and order situation.
Certainty: Petrol prices will be definitely controlled.
Uncertainty: I don’t think that petrol prices will remain stable.
SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 02 CODE 1423 ENGLISH – 1
Ans: See aiou book page # 148 exercies # 05
1) Citizenship means being a citizen or member of group.
2) Right refers to what one is allowed to have.
3) Responsibility means what one has to do.
June 30, 2015.
Jack & Jill High School
9 Federal Area,
Sub: APPOINTMENT AS AN ENGLISH TEACHER
In response to your advertisement published in the Daily Jang dated 28th May 2015. I offer my services for the post of English teacher. I have passed master in English in second division. I am teaching English in various schools since five years in Karachi. My former institutions can provide you my result and aptitude with a reference.
I hope that my experience of teaching would be useful for your institution. If appointed I shall work hard and shall produce best results.
X Y Z
Ans: See page # 184 exercises # 06 of your AIOU Book.
1: Mr. Laghari : Well, I’d like any reasonable first juice.
2: Mr. Laghari : As a matter of fact, I’d like beef with hot chili sauce.
3: Mr. Laghari : I think, I’ll prefer first the last one.
4: Mr. Laghari : Okay, let me see….well I’d like mixed ice cream.
Ans: See your AIOU book page # 192 exercise # 14
1: 10Th : He will be in Manchester on 10th.
2: 25th : He will be in Yorkshire on 25th.
3: 14th : He will be in Canterbury on 14th.
4: 20th : He will be in Windsor on 20th.
5: 25th : He will be in Yorkshire on 25th.
TITLE : GLOBAL WARMING
PARAGRAPH : MAIN IDEA OR TOPIC SENTENCES.
1) The world is suffering from global warming.
2) Human beings are one big cause of global warming.
3) The effects of climate change.
4) An-unstable climate can also lead to a more unstable world.
Ans: PAGE # 222 EXERCIES # 02
1) Can I bring my motorbike inside? (Seeking Permission)
2) Of course you can, there’s plenty of place (Granting Permission)
3) Would it be all right if I turn the air conditioner off? (Asking Permission)
4) Children are not allowed in this theatre. (Refusing Permission)
5) May I take a bath in your bath room? (Asking Permission)
6) Sure, go right ahead. There’s plenty of water. (Giving Permission)
7) Do you mind if I open a window? (Asking Permission)
8) May I use the phone? (Asking permission)
9) Sorry we are closed now and cannot take any further orders. (Refusing Permission)
10) Is there any more bread? Can I take a few more slices? (Asking Permission)
Ans: See your Book page # 265 Exercise # 03
1) So nice of you.
2) Thanks for your compliments.
3) I really appreciate your help.
4) Thank you for your help and support.
5) I am very grateful for your gift on my passing exam.
1) You must set a quit smoking deadline (Advices)
I suggest that you should strike to that deadline. (Suggestion)
2) Tell your family friends & co-workers that you are going to quite & want their support. (Advices)
Ask them not to smoke around you. (Suggestion)
3) Change your environment. (Advices)
Get rid of all cigarettes and ashtrays in home, car and place or work. (Suggestion)
4) Distract yourself from craving to smoke by changing your routine. (Advices)
Do different things that will occupy your mind and divert your attention from smoking. (Advices)
5) Read books, adopt hobby, plan some enjoyable to do every day. (Advices)
Do some physical exercise, drink a lot of water. (Suggestion)
6) Once you quit, don’t smoke (Advices)
You can quit even if you have failed several time. (Suggestion)