AIOU SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 1 CODE 1431 BASIC OF ICT
Computer is an electronic device which is capable of receiving information (data) in a particular form and of performing a sequence of operations in accordance with a predetermined but variable set of procedural instructions (program) to produce a result in the form of information or signals.
A computer is a general purpose device that can be programmed to carry out a set of arithmetic or logical operations. Since a sequence of operations can be readily changed, the computer can solved more than one kind of problems.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF COMPUTER:
Computer can be generally classified by size and power as follows, though there is considerable overlap:
• PERSONAL COMPUTER: A small, single user computer based on a microprocessor.
• WORKSTATION: A workstation is like a personal computer, but it has more powerful microprocessor and, in general, a higher quality monitor.
• MINICOMPUTER: A multi-user computer capable of supporting up to hundreds of users simultaneously.
• MAINFRAME: A powerful multi-user computer capable of supporting many hundreds or thousands of users simultaneously.
• SUPERCOMPUTER: An extremely fast computer that can perform hundreds of millions of instructions per second.
FOR MORE QUESTIONS PLZ click here